Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Energy Drinks

First off, i'm not an addict. Swear to god. But to me, energy drinks are like a beer. There are times I just crave them. Try cooking a steak on the grill or order a large pizza, and sometimes I just begin to crave certain liquids to drink.

But are they really all that bad for you? First off, i'm not one of these 15 year old kids who go to the grocery store, buy one, then begin to chug it. I sip on mine over the course of 4-5 hours on some nights that I'm at work. Yes I know there's just boat loads of sugar in it and half of the addatives in it, I couldn't tell you what the heck they're for. I personally feel like half of my own wake up that comes from them is all mental.

I've never been a huge coffee drinker, even in the mornings, when it's -5 degrees outside. But whenever I get that good wiff of coffee my eyes always open up a little bit more. And I know there's nothing special in just the aroma of it.

So my belief is if you chug it, all that sugar and caffeine goes straight into your system, speeds up your heart rate, and could potentially harm you. But where I just sip it on it for hours I think i'm ok. And besides, have you ever seen all those vitamins they put in it on the back of the can?? I'm not sure I need 100% of niacin and riboflavin, but I sure feel special with them all in that can.

No comments: