Sunday, April 20, 2008

Racist

My job has me dealing with some of the nicest and best people I've ever met, and most days I really appreciate the interaction with some of these people. On the flip-side, I occasionally get the scum of the earth pricks who just make it their ever living goal in life to mess with everyones life. Saturday was one of those days.

Now I'm not going to go into details about what all happened, but when some lady who just happens to be African-American, starts demanding things that go above the limits of my company, to me she's just another customer. I deal with this all day. Then she starts yelling at my other coworkers that they're all "white pieces of shit" and nothing but "trailer trash." To me, this is just another day. But from there it starts turning into how we're all racist and the only reason we're not going above and out of our way and breaking our own company rules, is because she's black.

How do people justify constantly degrading people and trying to always become the victim? And how do you even throw in justifying race into that mixture. I'm not a racist, never been one. I hang out with people who are not white quite often. One of my best friends, who I consider to be almost like a sister, is black. Last time I checked, I'm still a member of the Black Student Union. And here I am, just some white kid from Utah. And I'm pretty sure I'll never try to blame my race for any problems that occur in my own life.

No comments: